Are you looking for resources to improve your child’s health? Then you are in the right place!
We’ve built a list of great resources where you will find lots of information to have a healthy child and to solve health problems and situations that happen when you have kids.
The list in divided into:
If you think we are missing something, please send an email to webmaster [at] alvaradoneumologopediatra [dot] mx. We are open to suggestions!
These tools will come in handy if your child display signs or symptoms (or if you already know the condition he is suffering). Here you will learn more about these signs and symptoms. Also, you’ll get suggestions of what to do and when to see a doctor.
- WebMD and Mayo Clinic are essential. These encyclopedias have almost everything you need to know concerning symptoms and conditions. Just visit their website and search for the symptom or condition. You’ll get tons of information about causes, when to see a doctor, prevention, etc.
- Health Tools from FamilyDoctor.org. These tools are simply awesome. They present a flow map where you discard options to determine the most probable cause or action you need to execute.
- Caring for your sick baby by Baby Centre – This is a list of informational resources that teach you when, how, and what to do with your sick baby.
These articles will teach you almost everything you need to be aware of when taking care of your child’s health. From guides for first-time parents to basic care of your child’s teeth and skin.
For new parents
Basic child care
- Take Care of Your Child’s Teeth.
- Takin Care of Your Child’s Skin.
- Baby Skin Care by Paula’s Choice.
- Takin Care of Your Child’s Ears.
- Teaching Your Child Healthy Hair Care Habits.
- Healthy Eating Habits for Your Child.
- Your Child’s Vision.
Common and uncommon problems
- Living with Food Allergies.
- 5 Signs Your Child’s Digestive Health Needs Help.
- Common infections and your child.
- Signs of Childhood Cancer.
- Top 5 Pediatric Cancer Warning Signs.
- Common Childhood Orthopedic Conditions.
- Urinary Problems and Injuries in Kids.
- Childhood Respiratory Infections and Other Illnesses.
Do you prefer to read books? No problem! These two books contain enough information about your child’s health and how to be ready if something happens.
- Your Child’s Health: The Parents’ One-Stop Reference Guide to: Symptoms, Emergencies, Common Illnesses, Behavior Problems, and Healthy Development.
- First Aid Dictionary: The Ultimate Guide to Survival when a Doctor is Not Around (The Only First Aid Resource You Will Ever Need For Responding To All … Aid for Infants, children and Adults).
Looking for help online? These forums have active members facing the same problems as you. You can sign up to start asking questions! (Although, it is better to visit the pediatrician if you have a problem).
If you want to actively read new information about child and baby care, this blogs will do the job.
Find a specialist near you
Doctoralia is a great directory to find medical specialists within many countries. Just click the country you live in below and search “pediatrician [your city]” to find a pediatrician near you.